Backup iPhone Contacts to Avoid iPhone Contacts Missing Unexpectedly
Literally, for most of iPhone users, contacts list are the most important part of our iPhones information. We cannot bear the loss to lose friends’ phone number. Or else we seems be parted by the world. However, accidents or mistakes happen now and then unexpectedly. We know, it is easy to re-download apps and adjust settings, but it can be very difficult to rebuild a large contact list of names, email addresses, and phone numbers.
Do we have a solution to avoid this headache problem? Absolutely, backing up contacts from iPhone and save to computer. Then what we care most about is how to copy iPhone contacts to computer.
How to Backup iPhone Contacts?
For different reasons, you are advised to be sure your address book is being backed up so that all of your contacts are preserved safely. Here is how to do this. Three methods are provided.
Method One: Backup/Copy Your iPhone Contacts with iTune
If you didn’t disable the auto-sync option in iTunes (Edit > Preferences > Devices > Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically), iTunes will back up the contacts from an iPhone by default. You can also make sure this happens manually:
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer, then launch iTunes
2. Select the device from the left-side list, and click on the “Info” tab
3. Verify that “Sync Contacts” is checked (Adjust any specific settings as necessary)
4. Right-click on the iPhone name in the device list and choose “Back Up”
This is a manual backup with iTunes and will store the backup on the local computer. Learn how to restore iPhone from iTunes backup.
Method Two: Backing Up iPhone Contacts with iCloud
If you use choose iCloud as your backup method, be careful that iCloud will automatically backup your contacts as long as your iPhone is connected to the internet. However, you can force and verify a manual backup as below:
1. Go to Settings >iCloud;
2. Verify the iCloud account is set up and that “Contacts” is turned to “ON”;
3. Scroll down and tap on “Storage & Backup”;
4. Tap “Back Up Now”
This is a manual backup to iCloud. It contains not only your contacts but also other data if you have configured. Note that since iCloud backup will be initiated wherever there is internet connection, so iTunes backup alone is often considered preferable.
Method Three: Backup/Export iPhone Contacts to Computer with Tenorshare iPhone Data Backup Software
Also, there is another software iPhone contacts backup – With it, you can export your iPhone contacts and save them on your local PC. Whenever you want to check them, just open your computer and go to the computer disk you located them. Plus, you can preview your contacts before backp, and selectively backup your wanted ones.
1. Download the software – Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery. You can try the free trial version at first. Install and run it on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone with computer and run the data recovery program. Choose the option “Recover Data from iOS Device”.
3. If you hold an iPhone 4, 3GS, you need to enter DFU mode. Follow the steps given in the program to access DFU mode.
4. Scan your iPhone contacts and other data through a communicating process.
5. Preview your files in the left of the program. Mark the ones that you want to recover, then click “Recover” button.
6. Specify a location for your contacts to be backed up. From this location, you can view your contacts directly. Go to check it.
Refer to this video to get more detailed operation: How to Transfer/Export iPhone Contacts to PC