About iCloud Backup
iCloud provides an easy and reliable backup solution for users who want to back up their iOS devices wirelessly and automatically without tethering to a computer.
In the following situations, iCloud Backup is better than iTunes for you:
- You prefer that iCloud take care of backups for you automatically when you connect your device to Wi-Fi and power.
- You want to restore data to your device from almost anywhere via a broadband Wi-Fi connection.
- You don’t connect your iOS device to a Mac or PC very frequently.
- You don’t own a Mac or PC.
- You want an automatic backup solution to use together with iTunes Backup.
Your iOS device backup includes data and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include data already stored in iCloud. For example, Bookmarks, Contacts, Calendars, Documents you save in iCloud using iOS apps and Mac apps, Mail messages, Notes, Shared photo streams and My Photo Stream.
iCloud Backup doesn’t back up music, movies, and TV shows that you didn’t purchase from the iTunes Store, or any podcasts, audio books, or photos that you originally synced from your computer. iCloud Backup will restore your purchased music, movie, and app content from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store during the background restore process. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they’re no longer in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store.
Lost iPhone Data, How to Recover the Lost Files – Restore from iOS Backup
We are likely to lose iPhone data in these cases: Mistaken deletion, iOS update, Accidental factory resetting, jailbreak, iPhone got damaged or smashed, iPhone is lost/stolen/broken, iPhone suffered a death screen of Apple logo, black/white screen, recovery mode, etc.
So how can we recover these deleted or lost files? We have more than one solution. In this solution, we will introduce you how to restore iPhone lost data from iCloud backup. One way is to use iCloud itself to free retrieve data. The other way is to use professional iPhone data recovery to recover data from iCloud backup. Both need available iCloud backup files.
Free Retrieve iPhone Data from iCloud Backup
1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If a newer version of iOS is available, follow the onscreen instructions to download and install it. You must update your device to the latest version of iOS to make sure you can restore from a recent backup of another device, such as a lost or broken device.
2. Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”
3. In the Setup Assistant, proceed to “Set up your device,” tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
4. Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud
Recover Lost Files from iCloud Backup with iPhone Data Recovery Software
If you failed to free restore iPhone lost data from iCloud backup, you can try this iPhone data recovery software which allows you to recover data from iCloud backup, just enter your iCloud account and password, it will automatically scan your backup in this iCloud account.
More related articles: How to recover iPhone data without backup