“I just changed my iPhone 4s to 5s because it is becoming slowly and slowly. Now I’m occurring a problem, as I connected my iPhone 5s with iTunes to back up my last iPhone settings etc. it asks me to enter a password and the backup password I entered was not working.”
iTunes to make sure the safety of your iPhone backup files, so a backup password is needed. Unfortunately, if you forget this password, then the iPhone backup cannot be unlocked. Such as the iPhone 4s backup not working on iPhone 5s above, the fundamental reason is the user forgot the iTunes backup password.
It is very common that you lose the iPhone backup password, because password is usually set at the first time when we backup iPhone, so it is easily to be forgotten after a long time or you are just confused with the password. If you don’t have a correct password you have set before, you can’t back up your data or setting from iPhone 4s to iPhone 5s.
How to recover iPhone backup password to transfer the old iPhone 4/4s/5 backup to iPhone 5s/6/6s/6s Plus? Here are two methods you can try to unlock your iPhone backup on iTunes.
Method 1: Try commonly used passwords
- Apple ID password?
- Windows Administrator password?
- iPhone Power-on password?
- Password on any other APP?
Method 2: Recover iPhone backup password with iPhone Backup Unlocker
If the method above can’t unlock your iPhone backup, you may need a third-party software such as iPhone Backup Unlocker from Tenorshare to help you.
Tenorshare iPhone Backup Unlocker is an excellent tool to remove your lost or forgotten iPhone backup password safely, let your iPhone 4s backup working on iPhone 5s or directly restore the contacts, messages, photos and more data from iTunes to your original iPhone.
- Step 1. Launch the iPhone Backup Unlocker on your computer, then press “open” and after several clicks you can import the directory of the Key Container File on the software.
- Step 2. There are totally three types of attacks: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack. Choose an attack type and then set settings for this attack.
- Step 3. Click “Start” to run the program and you can get the iPhone backup password within a few minutes.
Now you can get back your iPhone backup password and the iPhone 4s backup is working on iPhone 5s.